The NAS Credit Union was established in 1948 by Prentice “Jake” Jacob.
We opened a state chartered, non-profit entity in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana. The original office was located at the New Orleans Lakefront in the current UNO location.
In 1957, the NAS CU had a change of domicile when the base moved to its present location in Belle Chasse. The CU conducted operations for (1) hour each day on the first floor of a Navy Hangar. In 1976, the credit union moved into Butler Building A, #262 at 400 Russell Ave.
Since that time, many changes have occurred. In November of 1994, Mr. Jacob retired after nearly 40 years of dedicated service to our membership. In August of 2001, the credit union changed its name from NAS to NAS JRB to be more aligned with the base name. In September of 2004, construction of a new CU building began and was completed in April of 2005. From a card table in a hangar, to a 6000 square foot building, we sure have come a long way.
Our goal is to provide one-on-one, individualized service. We work hard to provide many different financial services without all the charges. All checking and savings accounts are insured by NCUA (National Credit Unions Association). We strive to remain competitive with the larger financial institutions by offering lower interest rates on loans, and higher dividend rates on CD’s, IRA’s, savings, and checking accounts.